Friday, December 22, 2006

Lotioned Kleenex and Llama recipes

My nose sprung a bad leak when I was on call yesterday and today. And while they do have tissues at the hospital, they are more like sandpaper than tissues. After my post-call nap today, I showered and walked to the nearest grocery store to get some lotion aloe, vitamin E Kleenex. My nose is happier already. We don't need two Rudolphs this time of year.

You may recall a previous post about my Dad being attacked by our llama, Max. When I was home last time, he attacked me, too. I was offering him some leaves to lure him back into his field when he charged me and chest butted me, knocking me to the ground. I stood up quickly and hit him in the face. He glared at me and made a luggee sound and spit the most foul partially digested green stuff that smelled like feces all over me. Then he charged and knocked me down again. I was on the ground looking up at the evil llama when my mom started yelling for my dad to come rescue me and started throwing stuff at Max herself. Dad made him go away somehow. After that I was afraid to go out into the field without the cattle prod shocker to keep him away. Even then it wasn't very fun to have to be always afraid he'd show up and attack again. He used to be so sweet and loving. Testosterone must have done something awful to him.

The latest was that he got out and got across the creek and was terrorizing the neighborhood over there. My parents and brothers had to go over and get him back somehow with the horse trailer.

The next call was to our neighbor who is a retired butcher. Now Max is in the freezer. And we need llama recipes.

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home