Saturday, July 15, 2006

What I Learned at the Beach

I learned that sunscreen does work.

I learned that when a beer can is stabbed with a key it can spray a good 10 feet all over the back of my legs.

I learned what "shot-gunning a beer" is (see above).

I learned that evidence based medicine requires good literature searches (I was a dork and read a little bit).

I learned to remember my iPod.

I learned to be careful who I choose to camp next to. I think I would prefer cute playing children to drinking smoking 20 somethings talking about how breaking out of jail is a felony.

I learned that you can't have dogs on this beach (but people still do).

I learned that the sun through the pillars under the pier lights up the mussles so that they glisten.

I learned that people play with balls together to have fun (soccer, volleyball, baseball).

And big and little kids still like to play in the sand.

I learned that there is life outside of the hospital. And it is nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molecular Turtle said...

You should learn what happens when you put a beer in a camp fire. I recommend getting twenty feet away quickly:)

7:52 PM, July 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home