Sunday, July 02, 2006

Three days off!

I could hardly believe it myself. I actually went in at 6 am on Saturday because I thought it couldn't be true that I would have that many days off in a row. But it was true. I traded with one of my fellow interns to do a call back to back (q2) because Michael surprised me and was flew out on Thursday. My Friday call would have been a bummer, so I traded two call nights for that one. And I ended up getting Friday off (because I asked) and Saturday and Sunday! Beautiful!

Michael and I played at the beach and the park and ate out and had a great time. And every time we weren't doing something I tended to fall asleep. I think I am finally caught up on my sleep now. Maybe. I slept until 11:20 this morning after I got back from dropping him off at the airport at 6 am.

Tomorrow is back to work, though. And I'm on call on the holiday as well as all of next weekend. Monday's are tough, too because we have to get all sorts of extra labs and measurments and graph growth and stuff. It is going to be a long morning.

I am more in the groove of the NICU now. One of the other fellow interns has it about right when he says, "This is a strange, strange place." It is like it's own little world of little people.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:58 PM, August 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home