Saturday, July 15, 2006

Charlie is Driving Me Crazy

So everyday I come home from work and wonder where the pile of poop from Charlie will be that day. "Will it be right by where I walk in the back door?" "Will it be disguised at the edge of the rug where I will have to be careful not to step in it?" "Will it be hiding in P's room just inches away from the fresh clean litter box?" "Or, best of all, will it be all of the above?" More often than not it is the last one. Yuck. There is so much cat poop wrapped in paper towells in our garbage can that is is full of flys that swarm everytime I open it quickly to throw in their next meal.

It is not fun to come home to know that I have to clean up cat poop every day. Plus he is always anxious to have me pet him when I get home and meows and meows and follows me everywhere. He jumps on my bed when I take my keys to my room. He follows me into the bathroom. He runs around in front of my legs. Then when I do stop to pet him and give him some attention he is purring and appreciative for a minute before he decides it will be more fun to scratch and bite my hand.

The first few times he did this I just stopped petting him. Lately I have been pushing him away and reprimanding him. He hasn't done it as much since I started doing that. I don't know why he thinks it is okay.

In addition, there is cat hair everywhere. With the perianal cyst he was more stressed so I guess that may have made his hair fall out more. So it's everywhere.

And he likes to scratch on the carpet so it's torn up all over the place. They are going to have to replace the carpet here for sure. I just better not have to pay for it out of my deposit.

It's sort of nice to have another creature greet you when you get home. But it is also a bit of energy to care for him. And I just don't have any extra right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home