Sunday, October 23, 2005

Seattle

It has been a fun two days here in Seattle; and the big interview is tomorrow. I should probably try to sleep, but I want to make sure I'm tired enough to fall asleep right away. Besides I just ate a yummy caramel apple from downtown and shouldn't lay down right after that.

The west coast still feels like home. I like being able to make U-turns. I like being near the ocean. I like being able to turn right on a red light without feeling guilty. I like that people are out and active and having fun. I like that they are friendly and generous. I like that they live consciously. I like that the bumps and lines on the road are reflective at night. I like that people don't use phrases that I don't know. I like that there is a carpool lane. I like that there are recycling receptacles in public. I like that it feels like home. It suits me much better.

Yesterday I visited Pike's Place Market and walked around downtown a bit. It was an unusually sunny October day for Seattle. Everyone was out and enjoying the weather and each other.

Today was gray and drizzly (more typical). I slept late and woke up in my less than stellar SeaTac hotel room (it was cheap and I got what I paid for in that case). I decided to head back toward Seattle to check out the hospitals but on the way I saw the sign for the art museum and found myself heading back downtown instead. I walked along the waterfront, looked around the market some more, had a very pleasant and tasty lunch at the Market Seafood Grill, and visited the art museum where they have a beautiful Tiffany exhibit on display. The only rotten part was that I couldn't find my car for a very long time and wandered around the street where I thought it was several times. It was on that street just further down past this wired dead-end thing. At least in the wanderings I found a place to get my hair cut and grab dinner (also tasty, this time a chicken empanada).

Oh, and finally talked with M. also. He didn't come home because he didn't want to fight. Counter-productive if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home