Friday, October 21, 2005

Pitter patter, lub dub

We see each other once a week for a few minutes or few hours if we're lucky. I saw him today and, as always, my heart gets that nervous patter and my stomach flops as I try to calm my autonomic nervous system. One time he caught my heart beating outloud. I flushed so deeply when he walked up that he asked me if I'd been running or something. "Um...no." As I turn an even darker shade of pink. Then he catches on...and starts teasing me lightheartedly until I start to return to my normal pale Ohio shade of tan.

That's what I like so much about him. He's fun, kind, honest, real, and a wonderful friend to everyone he cares about.

Is it a bad sign that I have crushes on other people? Or does this happen to everyone just to remind you that you're alive. I hear stories about people who feel that way (pitter patter) every time her spouse gets home--even after years of marriage. Does that really happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home