Thursday, September 29, 2005

"Tomorrow, tomorrow...

...I don't think I like you much, tomorrow!" But I will be very glad when you're over.

It's test day. I know my brain will be fried by the end. I'm trying to solidify what I know now and just give up on the rest. It probably won't make much of a difference anyway...but it might. And if I don't do it I will just keep getting more and more nervous. I just hope I can get to sleep at a decent hour tonight since I need to get up early to get there on time. I'm sure it will be one of those nights where I dream that I forgot everything and am late for the test or can't find it or show up naked or some such nonsense.

It's beautiful outside, though slightly chilly, so I think I'll head to the park for a while and read there. Or go for a walk if I can relax enough.

M. won't be home tonight until after 8 pm. Turns out the other night he didn't get home until 4 am since he was stuck at a friend's house and ended up walking home. He was apologetic and mad at his friend. I said all he had to do was call to tell me where he was or have me come get him, but he hates "checking in." I don't know how many times we've had that conversation.

An apartment opened up next door that I called about, thinking it might be the right distance to move. Am still thinking about that a bit.

Also, met a funny dog on one of my taking-a-break walks yesterday. It was a medium-sized white poodle and came running out at me barking. I jumped off of the sidewalk toward the street but it stopped at the edge of its woodchips and lawn, stared at me for a moment, barked again, and then started spinning around furiously kicking woodchips everywhere. I smiled gingerly and continued down the sidewalk where it ran ahead of me (still on its lawn) and did the same thing at the other corner where I noticed that the sidewalk was scattered with lots of woodchips. Seems to be a common occurance. Silly dog. I miss our animals at my parents' house. Can't wait until my life and location are stable enough to get a pet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home