Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I fought the sidewalk...

...and the sidewalk won. I hate it when that happens. Out for a run yesterday on the usual route, had my iPod all set and suddenly my toe catches one of those uneven parts on the sidewalk squares and I try to catch myself with my feet (to avoid the collision--it worked last time) but no luck. Hand, knee, and knuckles all scraped up.

My second thought (after OUCH!) was that I couldn't throw at pottery class tonight. Then it was pretty much back to ouch for a while as I was being a giant baby...and it really did hurt. M. took me back to our place to get it doctored up. I guess it gives me good perspective on how much pain people are in and so then I can remember that and be as sensitive as possible when I treat them. Always some sort of silver lining.

And I did end up being able to throw in pottery; I just used one of my extra latex gloves from first year gross anatomy lab and it worked okay. Couldn't tell how wet your hand or the clay is but that was just another new challenge for throwing. Plus I had some glazing and whatnot to do also which was okay one-handed. My head is too scattered much of the time to focus on throwing really well anyway these days, but that's another issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home