Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm still going surfing!

I'm working 4ps to 4as this weekend. Still managed to play a lot yesterday. Surfed! Ran out on the rocky pier. Grocery shopped on the bike. Biked all over, including the sidewalk (the herbed salad, carrots and yogurt only partially cushioned my fall). My thought soon after I hit, "I'm still surfing tomorrow!" I hobbled around the ER all night stomping out constipation one enema at a time and prying a plastic ring off of a newborn's penis with surgilube. The cops who accompanied the gunshot wounded child sniggered good naturedly at me every time I shuffled past unable to really bend my knees. Fortunately, Anya and the nurses had fixed me up with bandages and topical lidocaine. This morning, I have so far managed to get my wet suit on and will head out as soon as Bernie gets here. I think the cold water will be good for my knees; this will encourage me to not get up just on my knees on the board but rather stand all the way up. To every cloud.


Sean took pity on me and carried my groceries upstairs; he said his day had been boring before I got home. Oh good.


But determined to not let it slow me down.
After a night on my feet at work. So sexy.

This morning with the bandages off. They're looking worse.

Wet suit makes them all better!

2 Comments:

Blogger sunseasurf said...

awesome that you got to go surfing. make sure your tetanus is up to date and don't surf when it rains!

11:21 PM, March 17, 2008  
Blogger sunseasurf said...

dude, I sound like a boring doctor.

11:25 PM, March 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home