Saturday, October 14, 2006

Birthday Showers

I have been sent rain for my birthday. It is cleansing pouring rain. I went out to play in it and smell it (and roll up my car windows!). I'm now on the porch savoring my soaking wet clothes and the clean air and drip drops from the roof.

It's a lovely rain. It is just what I needed.

Yesterday Dad texted me that it was "Shawna Eve. The first day of the rest of your life." Indeed. And that sort of scares me.

Birthday's when I was growing up were always full of family and fun and surprises and possibilities. It seemed like the day when everything would be wonderful. Miracles would happen and you had super powers. It was probably the love that everyone gave me.

Of late, far away from home, they've been more mellow. I didn't feel like making a fuss. But in my heart I missed the fuss made over me. It's tough to grow up.

Maybe miracles will happen today. "Where there is Great Love, there are always miracles."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home