Wednesday, August 09, 2006

She Loved Watermelon

For some reason I just found your comment on the post about my horse dying. I still think about her a lot. It is strange, and sounds funny, but the first time I think that I loved someone outside my family was her. I remember one time we were riding along the beach and she got dizzy from running the waves and lost her balance. She fell and I fell off and she ran back to the trailor across a really busy road. I ran after her and was so relieved to find her back at the trailor perfectly fine...just a little rattled. Lots of stories like that about she and I. I still miss her a lot. She was the companion of my childhood and youth.

She also liked peanut butter sandwiches and oatmeal raisin cookies. And she had a favorite scratch spot under her belly that would make her stretch out her neck and wiggle her lip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home