Tuesday, January 22, 2008

At least I have not been run over by a jeep

I heard the following story on the news the other morning. When I texted it to one friend he said she must have had a sinking feeling about that. Another friend said you don't hear that every day and asked how I was. I wrote back, " I have't been run over by a jeep."

Some days that's all you can hope for. Although lately days in pediatric cardiology clinic and my continuity clinic have been much better than that. Way beyond just escaping a jeep, I talk with patients and feel sometimes competent and always find some way to help, even if it is just letting the trying to recover alcholic "bend my ear," as he calls it. I told him not to feel guilty about it; and to do his best every day. "You just take it one day at a time and do your est with every moment you are given. And be gentle with yourself when your best consists of barely hanging on," like I told my friend in LA.

Sunbather Accident

Fresno, CA: (Jan-21-08) Sarah Bouvet, a 24-year-old woman, brought a lawsuit against the city of Coronado, after she was run over by a lifeguard truck while sunbathing on the beach in 2005. The suit stated that as a result of the accident, Bouvet was hospitalized for two days with injuries to her lower body after the right tires of a lifeguard's truck ran over her as she lay on her stomach near the Hotel Del Coronado. Following her recovery, her legal counsel claimed she still had minor residual physical and psychological problems. Records show that her lawsuit sought monetary compensation and a change in the city's lifeguard practices. As part of a settlement reached, sources confirmed that the city of Coronado has paid $141,000 to settle the lawsuit. [FRESNO BEE: SUNBATHER ACCIDENT]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home