Saturday, January 19, 2008

Child's Pose

In child's pose I smell the seaweed
As my nose hovers milimeters above the grains of sand
And my toes spread into the gritty earth.
Between my legs I see broken seashells.

I woke up happy today.
I don't know why
But I'll take it.

Perhaps because of the miso soup and sushi
With Jane and Doug last night.

Perhaps because of the beautiful man who gave
Jane and I whiplash as we turned to notice him.

Perhaps because I laughed and it was easy
To remember how to interact.

Perhaps because my cousin Chad called last night
And we imaginied and laughed and it too was easy.

Perhaps because Jean ValJean and Cosette are safe
For now.

Perhaps because I ate chocolate
And silenced the guilt.

Perhaps because I had dreams
I don't remember.

Perhaps because my kitchen floor gleams
From the manic prednisone cleaning.

Perhaps because I found papers
I thought I'd lost.

Perhaps because the sun is shining and the birds sing.
Perhaps because today is a day.
And I am alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dboss5 said...

Nice posting!
Have a good day!

2:53 PM, January 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home